Monday, September 26, 2011

Put Your Shoes On!



While shoe shopping I have often brushed off the question: "Are they comfortable?" Many shoe lovers don't even ask the question. Quite honestly if the shoes are cute it's worth the pain. We've all heard "Pain is beauty." I don't think any woman would care to argue especially with waxing, hair cuts, styles and treatments and lets not even talk about the pain involved in plastic surgery. But if you talk to any of us we would say it's worth the pain to get rid of the horrid uni-brow or have those double Ds we always dreamed of.

The same principle is applied with shoes. Half of the shoes I own give me blisters and by the end of whatever I'm doing I can't wait to get home and kick them in a corner. If I know I'll be doing a lot of walking I choose my footwear accordingly. I have even been known to walk to church in flip-flops and change into my stilettos at the door and just pack my fippies in my massive church bag. I think this is an acceptable compromise. And Dr. Scholl's (bless his heart) has made several products to help ease the heel-wearer's pain.

This past weekend I went to Women's COnference in SLC. It was amazing to see hundreds of women there to listen to  our leaders, improve our lives and be shoeless in the city-Wait, WHAT?! Oh yes don't you worry, I can't even count on both my hands how many women I saw walking around the city carrying super cute shoes in their hands. They don't count as part of your outfit unless you're wearing them! And it's just gross! I will give you that it is Salt Lake City, but despite the reputation of it being a "Mormon" place, it's still dirty and people still pee on the street. There are homeless people and drug addicts that will throw whatever where ever, yes, crack pipes and the like! Girls, put your shoes on! They look way cuter on your feet and you won't get infected with anything or run into the dreaded mystery liquid, that's the last thing you want! I won't even let my kids go outside without at least flippies!

Like I said before plan accordingly. Going to conference downtown, you know there will be walking involved, pick a different outfit with shoes that are better to walk in, not sneakers though, lets not be tacky. Or change your shoes when you get there! Don't walk barefoot downtown anywhere, I don't care if it's Salt Lake or Manhattan, it's just gross!

1 comment:

Lindsay and Mike said...

I'll admit, I've taken off my shoes & walked barefoot before. I don't think I've done it in downtown, but I walk around my neighborhood barefoot all the time. I like your idea of walking to church in flip flops & then changing into your heels at the door. YOU.ARE.BRILLIANT!