Monday, September 5, 2011

Wake Up In the Morning

Most days I love being a mom! I wake up in the morning early, early, before the sun so I can get a little workout in before the kids wake up. I love waking up before my body is ready. I get home just in time to  see the kids come upstairs and beg me for "breakfask" cause they didn't eat their dinner the night before. All the while Steve is trying desperately to walk out the door and provide for our ever so grateful children, and his wife that can't understand why her children can't just ask nicely and say please. Dad gets out the door and as the garage door shuts the fun ensues. I try to stay calm and gently remind that we only have 30 mins until we're walking out the door to school, but it always seem to end up as a scramble to the finish line.

We get to school amid the bustle and rush of all the other families. Then it happens. My 2 big boys ask for  loves from their mom. Big hugs are given to hold them over while they are away from me. I don't think I will ever get use to having them away from me and in the world where I can't protect them. I pray every day that I have taught them to be good and make good choices. Some days (lots of days) it's hard and I have to remind myself, "yes I love being a mom!" but when push comes to shove I really do love it!

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

Sounds like a typical morning at our house too. Thank goodness for those sweet hugs though helps all the bad fade away and be forgotten