
This is the Jordan River. Jesus was baptized in this very river.
This weekend is very special for our family. Our first born, Brayden has chosen to be baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am so proud of him! We have some fun things planned to do with him. We are putting together a time capsule for him. I have invited all of our family to think of something they would like to put in the capsule. We will open it when/if he chooses to go on a mission or when he is 19. I'm going to have him write about how he felt to be baptized by his dad. He already says he feels happy.
I'm trying to let Brayden make all the decisions he can about this ordinance. I don't want him to feel like we are pushing him to do it. If he had said no, I would have asked why but I would have accepted his choice. So I asked him who he wanted to baptize him- dad. I was a little relieved, cause Steve I think really wants to do it. Then I asked him who the witnesses were going to be. He picked Grandpa and Papa. Then we started talking about the confirmation.

He said he wanted Presiden Monson to do it. I just about burst into tears. It makes me so happy to know that Brayden knows who our prophet is and that he wants him to be involved in his life. I told him I'm sure President Monson would love to confirm him but that he is probably somewhere doing the Lord's work. I'm so proud of my baby boy it will be a bittersweet day, he's growing up and as much as I try and try I can't stop it. Love you Bray!
1 comment:
That is so sweet!
Post a Comment