1. The Christmas "newsletter"
I hate, nay I LOATH this tradition. Please don't take this personally if you participate in this. There are plenty of good reasons to send an update letter to those who have families far away. However if we as friends are so distant I have to sum up my family's happenings into one page I think one of us needs to make a call.
Another thing that just irritates the snot right out of me concerning the "newsletter" is the seemingly perfect lives everyone has. You never hear about anything bad it's always "We had a perfect baby and she is quiet all the time and sleeps forever I have to go wake her up every day" or "our kids are the joy of our lives and we could never ask for better." Well whoop-dee-doo! I wish my kids never drove me crazy and made a huge mess or colored on the wall! I just hate the fakeness of it all. I know people have problems, don't act like you don't.
2. Butter sculptures.
Have you seen these things? It's a Christmas tree made out of butter. I'm sorry what was wrong with a stick of butter?

3. The traffic.
I don't even want to go to the grocery store for milk. I love cooking and making goodies for my family but sometimes I wonder if it's all worth the fight.
4. Cynical people, Scrooges if you will.
If you don't like Christmas that's fine, but don't try and tell me how commercialized it is, trust me, I've noticed. If you are a Scrooge it's your fault. Go bake some cookies.

5. Work Christmas parties I'm not invited to.
I'm always up for a party. Steve's work is having one this year for the office and I don't get to go :( But I do get to help pick the white elephant gift (this happens to be one of my favorite things about the holidays).
3 comments:
Love this!! I've always talked about writing a "true life" Christmas letter and telling all the real details of life at the Vimahis. Maybe you should be post a "real" Day's Christmas letter.
Vili was laughing out loud while reading, probably cuz we always make fun of the cheese in holiday updates
Kris and I were thinking about doing our 1st annual Christmas letter this year. It would include things like, "We never sleep. We are considering putting Alex up for adoption so we can rest. He is draining our savings account dry. We always fight about whether to leave the toilet seat up or down..."
etc. etc. You get the joke.
We're having a work party tomorrow with white elephant gifts and I'm so excited! All the people here have a great sense of humor so I'm excited to see what everyone brings. I know mine will get some laughs! Let's just say I could have purchased it at the Backstreet Boutique. LEt your imagination run wild.
Post a Comment