Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Yard



We have been wanting to make our yard a little more beautiful. I think curb appeal is HUGE. Unfortunately I did not get a "before" picture in the spring its just the one from winter. I guess it makes it look that much more dramatic, right? We worked on it for Mothers' Day weekend. I actually got to do a lot of the work. I say "got to" cause I love yard work, what I love more is being able to work with my family. My father-in-law was the brains behind the project, he has done quite a bit of this type of thing at his house so he's made the mistakes and since he has, we didn't have to make the same ones :)



Now it's done and I think it looks great. I'm excited for all of our baby plants to get a little bigger and fill up the spots they are in. My neighbors think it looks good too. Becky from next door brought our down the street neighbor over to show it off. I felt pretty good about that. Then others are throwing around words like "spectacular", "beautiful", "marvelous", and "gorgeous". Well they can't all be wrong. I for one am very happy with the outcome. It makes me feel even better to know we did it ourselves.

3 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

It looks great! A beautiful yard can make all the difference!

heidijogoody said...

Yes I think it looks great too! And so does Ben who is really big on nice looking yards!

Rich and Nickie said...

wow looks great. Your hired to do our landscape...everythings completely dead here.