Don't get all concerned we didn't venture into the world of furry things again. This is our fish, a nice, quiet, low maintenance fish. T.K.'s primary teacher got it for him. The lesson yesterday was "I'm grateful for fish" So naturally we came home with Shark. (I thought it was interesting that we are thankful for fish as pets and such. But in Tonga they probably would have said we are thankful for fish to eat! Just a little thinking outside the box there.)
T.K. was so excited I think he peed his pants a little. He couldn't wait to show daddy and Brayden. T.K. has named him Shark. He says he's nice and doesn't have sharp teeth. He has been sitting on the kitchen counter because I'm a little worried for his safety if he were to live in the dungeon (our basement) with the boys. I have really enjoyed this pet so far, he hasn't made one peep and he hasn't pooped on my floor. I could get use to this :)
Thanks Sister Petersen and Sister Moon!
3 comments:
I think this was such a cute idea! I bet the boys are just loving their new pet
Seriously, I love reading your blog! It makes me smile! ALWAYS! Thanks for sharing! Love the picture of Hannah, BTW! SO CUTE! How are you? You look amazing, I am still loving the hair!
I'm so sorry, but I don't have the contact information for "The Wheat Lady!" I loved her presentation, and she has really great ideas for storing and using food. I am trying to think back to whom our Enrichment counselor was when she came to our old ward--the only one I remember was Amy Arbuckle, whose phone number is listed as 801-294-3175, but I'm not sure if she was the one that invited Sister Gilmore to come. Our Relief Society president was Julie Bradbury, but I don't have any contact information for her. (If Amy is still in that ward, she can help you with that.) Just tell them that you'd heard from a former member of their ward that "The Wheat Lady" had visited several years ago, and you're trying to find her contact information. The Wheat Lady has a great booklet that she's put together and she sells them at cost at her presentations. One of the people she consulted with on the book is Ann S. Allred, who lives here in Centerville. (I don't know her.) She has a degree in home economics, is the mother of six, and is an expert in budgeting and using food storage. She might also have Karen's information. Also, I don't know if Sister Allred does presentations, but she might be a good alternative. I have her number listed as 801-298-2317. I hope this is somewhat helpful. Good luck, and let me know if you find The Wheat Lady!
Post a Comment