Kian is just about the cutest thing that ever was. He is walking (old news) and crawling as fast as the wind blows. He loves to play with toys and totally follows them when he drops them. He has recently found himself in some precarious positions.
Yesterday was Stake conference. We sat in the Relief Society room, cause that's where everyone who has naughty kids sits...right? We were on the second row, the front row was empty (go figure). Kian was playing with something kind of rolly. So when he dropped it the thing rolled away from him, right under the chair in front of him just out of his reach. He proceeded to crawl in between the bottom bar of the chair and the one right above it and got stuck. Daddy to the rescue! Steve got a hold of his legs and was pulling him out until it was time for his head to come through (am I writing a birth story?) So his head was stuck and we had to turn it and wiggle it all while trying to maintain an atmosphere of reverence, ha! We had to do the little half sit half stand thing as to not block the people's view behind us, 'cause I know they were feeling the spirit and not paying one bit of attention to the screaming half boy half chair monster we had just created. Eventually he was out and all was well, except the screaming continued for a minute more, just until he got his toy back.
Today I was trying to get dinner ready and tidy the house. I was feeling kind of washed out because I stayed outside all say and neglected my house work. Bray and T.K. were playing somewhere, I know 'cause I could hear them. Then I went to go check on Kian. I looked in his room where he usually is and no Kian. I checked the bathroom door, yep, it was closed. Then I heard his little scream, the same scream I hear when the boys are touching or hugging him. I followed the sound under my bed. He had wiggled his way all the way underneath my bed. I tried to be as gentle as I could but when I would pull his legs he would lift his head and smash it on the bed frame. Eventually he got out of this tight spot too. I held him and tried to settle him until I realized he had crawled under there and pooped. Ahh the joys :)
1 comment:
We are usually one of the families in the relief society room too but we weren't there yesterday! Darn I would have enjoyed the show :) Kian is a cute little squishy thing!
Post a Comment