Monday, March 5, 2012

I Got a New Attitude!



We have lived in our new house for about 7 months now. It has been an ongoing construction project. When we first moved here I regretted it because it didn't feel like our house, maybe it's because I was so used to being in a small cozy house I just couldn't handle the space. Now, however, I LOVE it! We got rid of some less than pristine carpet, bleached the subflooring (because of my OCD) and laid this beautiful laminate floor. I can't even tell you what difference it makes. They little boys were very involved in the ripping up of the old carpet and the laying of the planks. They kind of hated the saw because it was so loud, but because they were so involved they love it as much as Steve and I do.

My father-in-law was foreman of the job and did fabulously supervising and basically telling us what to do. I now want to show my house off to everyone! It feels like mine! Well... the upstairs anyway. We still need to finish 2 rooms in the basement and lay new carpet down there. Uh, not to mention the door frames and the baseboards to finish up. One thing at a time!

5 comments:

tara said...

Darling house. Yes, show it off to us, I would love to see it.

Pam said...

Gorgeous flooring! Love it! :)

jen1313 said...

Beautiful! I can hardly wait to come see in person!

heidijogoody said...

Looks great!

Sanz said...

Love the wall color! I want to see more!