Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Bray!

Brayden turned 6-years-old on the 13th. Everyone asks me if I feel old now. The answer is no not really. I feel like a busy mommy with three kids 6-3-1. I don't have time to be "old".

I asked Brayden what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday. I was looking for a flavor ie: chocolate, strawberry, vanilla. I got "dinosaur!" He ran and got our cake decorating book and showed me just what caked he wanted. I geared up to make it and the day before I went to the store I asked him again, "You want the dinosaur cake right?"

"No mom!" (as if I knew that was old news) "I want a Lego cake."

Ok. So I was online looking up Lego cake. To my amazement I found several options. I do not consider myself crafty in any way so I was pretty happy with the outcome.


There was defiantly a theme to his presents. Legos, Star Wars, and transformers.

But there was also the token underpants.


I don't think he was excited about this one at all ;)


Papa and Bray working on a Lego kit. Brayden did very well.


Here is the Transformer that has caused out household much trial and tribulation. It has been a HUGE hit not only with Bray but the other boys as well, hence the fighting and yelling.

It was a good birthday and he's so excited to be so big and going to first grade. Love you Brayden Bear!

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Happy late birthday to brayden! That cake sure did turn out good.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Brayden sounds like my kids! We are drowning in legos, star wars & transformers over here! What I wouldn't give to see a My Little Pony from time to time. Sigh...

Lenore said...

Wow! All boy, nice work on the cakes! Our kids are the same age 6,3,and 1! Crazy days at our houses!