Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Love and Hate




I have had an ongoing relationship. The kind that is love/hate. My scale and I have been through the ringer together. We've had highs and lows. Funny enough, the "low" times are the best we have with each other. I have been told my numerous people to just forget about it and leave it alone, even stick it in the closet and forget about it, could you imagine?!

I know that weight means very little in the gran scheme of things, but for some reason those numbers mean a lot to me. I have worked very hard to get where I am today. I was stuck on a plateau for a LOOOONG time and I'm so proud to say I have taken that plateau out back and put it out of it's misery. I used to HATE getting on that blasted scale. I would sometimes get on it every day, which by the way, is VERY unhealthy and should not be done, ever! I would even have to have Steve put it in his car so I wouldn't weight myself while he was at work.

Now, since I've been meeting my goals more consistently I don't mind it being around. I see it sitting there every so quietly on the bathroom floor and I throw it a "What-up!" every once in a while. I think we've come to a mutual understanding. That darn scale has taught me a lesson in perseverance, determination, and accountability. I love the way it stands it's ground and doesn't give me what I want just cause I whine about it, and occasionally throw a tantrum.

About 2 years ago I wrote this. I have not stopped working to get below that weight. I am WAY smaller than I was then. I have lost a lot more inches than pounds and I am proud to own that.  I have a normal BMI rating. I am aiming to loosing 10 more pounds if that is at all possible. My main goal is to continue eating clean and celebrating what my body can do every single day. I love lifting and I love running and cardio. However, my knees hate me and my elbows frequently complain, but I use them, because I can!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I say keep up the good work!

Taylor said...

I'm so proud of you! I can't tell you enough ;o)

Lindsay and Mike said...

Bravo!