I haven't mentioned it on my blog, but I have been going through an online course for medical transcription. To give a brief description, it's when a doctor dictates about a paitent's appointment, surgery, ER visit, etc. I listen to the audio file and type it out so it can be read as a document. Obviously pertaining to medical stuff you have to get familiar with some terms and the general field, hence the need for 'school'. I started this course in Feb. 2011. I just submitted my final exam yesterday. It will take 2 agonizing weeks to get the results. I hesitate to make that knowledge public because of the chance that I will fail miserably. But I know you will all be super supportive no matter what, right...?
Right now I am enjoying being a mom again. It's nice to just sit down and play a game with the boys. On the other hand I'm going crazy! I've cleaned the kitchen 3 times, just today, and I'm ironing before Steve even asks where his shirts are. The laundry is done AND put away. This house has never seen so much order and cleanliness! Don't get me wrong, I love a clean house but this is a little ridiculous. I would love to reorganize the toys downstairs but of course with it being after the holidays, I have no money to get organizational implements.
The course is long and a bit tedious. The second part is all transcribing actual reports, yeah like 600 of them. talk about wanting to scream and throw yourself and your computer out the window. I think the only reason I didn't it cause the window isn't high enough to do any real damage *wink*. The good news is I did it! I actually accomplished it and to my surprise I have some pretty serious test anxiety in my old age. I'm excited at the prospect of this new door that has cracked just a little bit. This would make it possible for me to work from home, part time while still being a mom. Here's to increadsing your skills and further education!

1 comment:
Wow. I'm impressed. I am always in "awe" when stay at home Mom's can go to school while being Mom.
I'm sure you did great. I can't wait for you to know your results. Best of Luck!
Post a Comment