The year started with a bang, literally I broke one of my Pampered Chef stones, so that forced me to have a party so I could get free/discounted stuff. (Told you my fun was better than yours :) the next couple months were sprinkled with doctors, and dentist appointments. I was in the scouts so I was also attending weekly den meetings (so exclusive).
In April I got my carpets cleaned because for a while we had dog, Mo and she liked to do her business inside on the floor, such a sweet little dot she was. She was placed in another home not long after she lived with us and has since passed away due to a bee sting, apparently she was allergic.
On Cinco De Mayo my squishiest friend Leslie took me to one of my favorite places, Beto's cause she knew I was having a hard day. We had lots of fun times and good laughs through the year ;)
On Cinco De Mayo my squishiest friend Leslie took me to one of my favorite places, Beto's cause she knew I was having a hard day. We had lots of fun times and good laughs through the year ;)
This was the year I became a real life certified TurboKick instructor! This was a highlight for me. I've always loved TurboKick and now I can teach it and help others love it as much as I do! I'm teaching twice a week at my church. I couldn't love it more! My girls are so pumped and it's so fun when there's a lot there. So if you're close come and take my class.
In June we went camping down in Moab with some friends. We went to the Arches and it was amazing. Don't be too jealous, my good friend Daniel Tosh says "Camping's not fun it's just something poor people do for vacation." How true, how true. However poor we are we still had a good time. The boys did well for the most part. T.K. gave us a hard time on the hikes and almost drowned himself in the KOA pool (classy I know). But other than that it was a success.
We also were able to go to Yellowstone with the same friends. That was also amazing. T.K. did a little better on this one, there was way less walking and more striking stuff to look at. When Old Faithful went off all the kids were more interested in playing with the dirt, go figure. That trip was a success for a couple reasons. No one was mauled by a bear, it only rained one night and Steve and Justin had a little bonding time.
Throughout the year health has been pretty good. Kian almost got to ride in an ambulance when he got a severe case of croup. Steve has tennis elbow, and nerve damage in his right arm, yeah that's the one he uses for all his design work. The only way for it to heal is to rest it. So basically impossible. He's also had a couple kidney stones but it wouldn't be a year in the Day house without those little guys.
Brayden and T.K. haven't had much in the way of scary sickies, thank heaven!
This year we have switched from DirecTV to Dish Network, we got to go to the "soldier pool" a lot, thanks to Debbie, I shopped and Winco for the first time (not impressed), had birthday parties, and meetings. Through the year I've done a pretty good job of keeping the schedule and staying sane for the most part. I know our life is extravagant and loaded with swanky outings and such but really we are people just like everyone else.
I really am grateful for a generally quiet year. It is true that if you simplify it brings joy. I hope 2011 holds some amazing things like 2010 did.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
3 comments:
:)
Hope you guys have a great Christmas. Thanks for the card you sent...I feel so loved! Loved the year update. I love the updates that make me laugh rather than wanting to gag myself from all the fluff! Love you guys!
Loved your yearly recap! So funny!!!
Post a Comment