Sunday, January 24, 2010

A First

By the time your child is 6-years-old you think most of the cute "firsts" are over, ie: walking, burping, hugs, etc. I got a sweet little surprise on Saturday. Brayden had been sick and was downstairs being quarantined and still. I told him to yell for me if he was going to throw up again or needed me. I'm upstairs for 2 minutes when I hear him yelling for me. I rush down the stairs and he's there holding his foot saying "It hurts it hurts!! There's rocks in it!" I said "Does it feel prickly like pins and needles?" Brayden: "Yes, it hurts it hurts! Oh wait I'm R2D2." He was playing Lego Star Wars.

So Just as fast as it had started it stopped. His foot had officially fallen asleep for the first time. He was super freaked out but luckily it doesn't last for long. I had a good laugh, gave him a squeeze and we both went about our business.