Monday, January 18, 2010

Hunker Down

I'm so surprised at all of you! When I told you about Steve's latest kidney stone in December no one thought to bring to my attention that it was not named, SHAME! We have named it Heathcliff. I tell you this because another is on the horizon. I have affectionately named her Iola.

Steve left this morning for work, it was a holiday and the little ones were still asleep so I was in bed. All of a sudden he comes back in the house to get some kidney stone accessories (pee strainer). I have asked him if he would let me make it look more like a fashion accessory with jewels and such, I was shot down :( So far Iola has just been lurking just off the coast of our concern but we are prepared to hunker down and prepare for the worst.

We also attribute this to our good friend Emily. She currently has one and it is stuck in her kidney, she has to go get it blasted. Steve just couldn't have some one have a kidney stone alone. I'm telling you, he just has to steal the thunder! Good luck Emily and to Steve happy stone passing!

4 comments:

vimahi said...

Maybe Steve should just go in with me and get his blasted. I have that fun consultation tomorrow. I hope I never have another. Poor Steve!!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Oh, so sorry! I hope it passes soon!

andrea wardle said...

Ugh! Here's to Iola (and Steve). May you weather the storm...

heidijogoody said...

Oh man! I guess Steve is a firm believer of misery loves company :) Hope it passes soon