It started with Kian throwing up. This was not just for a day but hit and miss for more than a week. Then T.K. starts, his really was only a day and it was over. Then I got it. I thought Brayden and Steve would escape a grisly fate by being gone for most days at school and work. How wrong I was. The day before Thanksgiving (the day everyone got to town) was the day the hurling began, for Brayden. (If I were clever I would make some funny poem... oh well.) Honestly he was barfing every 5 minutes. With T.K. it was more like 3 times and he was done, nope not for Bray. When Brayden gets sick it hits him so much harder than everyone else. That night everyone stayed away for the most part but my mom and dad were suppose to be staying with us. When they got here Brayden got a blessing. He slept like a rock that night.The next day he was fine. I'm thankful.
So here's the biggest thing, we kind of have prodigal son situation here. My step brother, whom I have never met was coming in too. No one had seen or heard from him in over 20 years! So there was no pressure to have everything perfect *sarcasm*. The whole time Bray was sick I'm freaking out cause why would people want to come to my house after all, everything was ruined. But Brayden was fine and I met my step brother for the first time ever. It was... interesting. I tried to make my home as inviting and comfortable as possible. I loved working in the kitchen with my mom and my sister. I loved having my family surround me and it was amazing to have the knowledge that a miracle had just taken place.
This is not the end, oh no it's not! That Saturday we thought it would be fun to go to Temple Square, my mom and dad had never been, actually my family were the only ones who had ever been. When we all got there. My sister's boyfriend told us she was in the bathroom throwing up. Yeah don't worry it's was the stomach bug, she totally tossed cookies in Temple Square, oops! So my mom and dad took her home. We did manage to snap a photo between her wretching, don't we look cute!

The next day my dad was puking, this was supposed to be our family Christmas present exchange. My sister couldn't eat anything and my dad made a 3 minute appearance. My mom was pretty devastated.
The next day my mom and dad left for home and took my step brother too. He ended up barfing the day they got home and continued all that night. I sanitized the house on Monday, then on Wednesday I was barfing again and poor little Kian was pooping water. Turns out it was a different virus. The Doctor said it was pretty common to "share" germs so much this time of year. When I started throwing up I locked myself in the bathroom and stayed there all day, not so comfortable but I think it was somewhat contained.
Needless to say I'm glad to have my house back to myself. I'm also glad that we could host a reunion, even though it wasn't a Hollywood worthy event we have opened a chapter and now we get to see what happens.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, Mary! That is horrible! My Mom and Dad ran into your parent's in the airport as they were waiting to see your step brother for the first time! Wow. That's pretty amazing. But so bad about the virus! We all had the "plague" last Christmas... what a fun time! At least we all didn't gain 10 lbs over an extended weekend. yuck. I was laughing, but feeling bad for you at the same time! You all look so cute!
Oh...so sorry! I'm glad you had some good moments inbetween the stomach bug! Glad you got to meet your step-brother too!
Oh man that does not sound like a fun time at all.
oh that sounds awful!!! Let's hope Christmas works out better for ya.
Post a Comment