Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Christmas Letter

I know all of you were waiting on my Christmas letter. I hope you are all aware of my deep loathing of the yearly "update" letter. I personally think this letter is used as a brag tool for people to rub in every one's faces how perfect their lives are. Here is my letter, enjoy!

This year has been great! The surgery fairy has visited us several times this year. It began early in the year with Steve's nose surgery and then in the middle of the year it came again, oh joy! We were able to spend over $1000 on the surgery and doctors' visits, just for Steve. In between surgeries Steve was blessed with the gift of several kidney stones. We all know how pleasant and fun those can be.

Brayden is in fist grade this year. He is loving it! He started school in the middle of the week. The very next, full week of school he developed a high fever and missed 2 or 3 days. T.K. and Kian also had high fevers around this time. This was the beginning of the best couple of months of my life! Brayden got better. The very next month the fever came back, he missed more school, he got better, the next month we were blessed to have our most honored guest of the year H1N1, SWEET! Yes it was confirmed by a doctor. He had to be out of school for 7 days. Kian ended up getting it too. The bright side of this is that we were able to get Tamiflu and we did not hallucinate or have psychotic episodes. Brayden and Kian got better. By some miraculous turn of fate T.K., Steve and I were able to escape it. We are now all vaccinated.

Oh and Thanksgiving week, that was awesome. You can read the previous post for details. Lets just say here that our family is proof that you CAN get the stomach flu twice in one week, oh yes you can!

T.K. has started preschool and he could not be happier. He loves his teacher and he's learning so much, so fast!

Kian is adorable and he's hit the terrible two's. Steve and I are both stoked about this. We love it when he throws tantrums and hits us and his brothers.

I guess that brings us to this week. It has been another fun filled week for the Days! Steve went in for a follow up visit with the nose doctor and he found that the cyst we have operated on twice has grown back, yet again. The good news, it's way smaller, not infected and not affecting the function of his nose at all. No need for surgery at this time. On his way home from the appointment he got pulled over and graciously given a speeding ticket. The merciful cop only wrote it for 5 over, thank goodness!

The next day Steve woke up and said "I think I have a kidney stone." Yes that's right, I can't make this stuff up. He tried to go to the bathroom and passed it right then, ummm.... blessing, YES! That day I fell down the steps while I was carrying Kian, we are both fine. I got a sweet bruise on my arm and I jacked up my shoulder.

Then on Friday I took our newest addition, Mo to the vet to get fixed. I dropped her off and on my way home I was pulled over for having a headlight out and speeding. I had NO idea I was speeding. The cop was very merciful and gave me the best gift ever, a warning, THANK YOU! Later that day the vet called to tell me they could not operate on Mo because she has a pretty bad heart murmur. The last final icing on the cake is that Brayden came home that day hoarse so I"m pretty sure he's working on a cold.

I was thinking this week how we just can't catch a break and then I realized that basically that's all we gotten. All of these things could have been worse, way worse. I'm not saying it's fun by any means but I am saying that I can be grateful for the tender mercies that the Lord blesses us with. I am trying to be more mindful of the tender mercies and the little gifts He blesses me with.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

2 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Loved it! Best letter I've read this year! :)

heidijogoody said...

Now this is my kind of a christmas letter! I too loved this thanks for sharing