
This adorable little boy is Philemon. My neighbors are adopting him from Ethiopia. I have been privileged to witness the miracles surrounding this adoption. Becky (the mom) wrote a mass email to everyone asking for prayers. As a mom I couldn't imagine knowing my son was half a world away without me. I would want as many people as possible to help. Becky is a fantastically dedicated mother, this is part of her letter.
"Again, it is all in the Lord's hands. But there is one thing we can do...Our family will be fasting on Sunday, February 15th asking for the Lord to guide those who are in authority at the courts in Ethiopia to approve our family on February 16th for the adoption of Philemon. We would like to ask anyone who is willing to join our fast, not only praying for the guidance of those who are in decision making positions, but also for the strength, faith, & guidance Jay & I need as we complete this process and begin life with our new son. We are aware of many of the challenges that lie before us and feel in many ways that the challenges of the process are there for a reason - to strengthen our love and dedication to a child we have never met in this life, who we have never held, who we will not understand, who has medical conditions we are not familiar with. And yet he is a child that we somehow feel we "know" and recognize every time we see his picture. It is hard to explain how we can "miss" a child who we have never seen. It is like there is a part of my heart that is missing and only he can fill it. But, the fear of the unknown can be so strong and so real! I am grateful to my priesthood leaders who have been the mouth piece of the Lord through blessings to both Jay and myself. The power that we have felt through these blessing is even stronger than the fears that I allow to creep into my mind. We have been promised miracles in his health, that our son is also being prepared and that he will recognize us. We have been taught that faith proceeds the miracle. I know that I have faith, but I am also very aware of my weaknesses and shortcomings. I am grateful to our son, Jayson, who asks daily , "Are you going to get Phil today?" and to all my children who say we have 6 kids in our family. The faith of a child is so strong - they see no need for doubt. This must be why the scriptures tell us to be as the little children. "
Even if you read this after the 15th. Please say a little prayer that everything will go smoothly and Phil will be able to come home soon.
Even if you read this after the 15th. Please say a little prayer that everything will go smoothly and Phil will be able to come home soon.
1 comment:
They are amazing. I seriously do not know how Becky does it all. They are such great people.
I missed you guys at church today. That stinks that you are all sick, I was hoping you were on a fun vacation for the holiday.
Post a Comment