Monday, December 3, 2012

The Christmas Letter


Here we go again, apologizing for the lack of blogging. I will make no promises to keep up on blogging. I do promise to post a link on Facebook so you are aware of when I do post. Without further ado I will commence the Christmas family letter.

This year has been mostly a blur. At the beginning of the year I thought the angels had spoken and the planets miraculously aligned and got a job as a medical transcriptionist. It was all a cruel, cruel lie. I lasted for a total of 2 paychecks averaging $2/hour and 8 hours a day and more laundry and stress than I could ever hope to get on top of. Not to mention very hungry bellies and a very lonely 3-year-old. So I conceited defeat and went back to what I knew I was kind of good at, wife and mother. Steve was never so happy to be short of money the next month.

Our family enjoyed a luxurious vacation to San Diego this year. We did not visit Disney, or Lego, or Shamu, or even the zoo. We became quite acquainted with the waves and sand of various beaches. Steve and I took surfing lessons and I have to admit I was better than he was. The best was squeezing my toosh into a super duper tight wet suit. The boys had a blast! They found tons of shells and got to see dolphins in the surf and seals just beyond the breakers. Steve narrowly escaped a fatal attack by some garibaldi and a giant "stingray." Our friends Kim and Adam are on the top 5 list of our favorite people for letting us crash their house and be freeloaders for a week.

We have worked nonstop on the house this year. We have now replaced the upstairs floor, built 2 more bedrooms in the basement, along with taking down a wall and making a workout room. We have completely renovated the backyard and I never EVER want to touch another garden brick again as long as I live! It was totally worth it though because our yard is gorgeous and our garden gave us a ton of produce. At this point we are waiting for the funds to be able to get flooring for the basement, generous donations are always appreciated. 

Some big accomplishments this year include T.K.'s first year of Lacrosse, Brayden being one of the best spellers in his class and getting all kinds of scout awards, Kian starting preschool, me completing my first but not last half marathon (shout out to my girl Mindy), and Steve just continues to be a rock star dad, husband, and graphic designer. 

We have laughed and cried a lot this year. I feel like it has overall been a fantastic success! Patience has been tried and rewarded. Hugs and kisses have been and continue to be given and I pray that through all of the silliness, and occasional crankiness love is felt. We love all of you and wish nothing but the happiest of holidays for you all!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Rich said...

Miss you guys, congrats on what sounds like a successful year. :)

Much Love
Rich

Sanz said...

You guys are so fun!!! Loved your letter.

Rich and Nickie said...

Miss you guys! Wish I felt like I could be more apart of your life other than an occasional read blog. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!