We recently got a new addition to our family. I like to call her the Mistress but her name is
Siri. At first I was a little jealous of her because she was occupying so much of Steve's time. She can make him laugh like no one else. But then I realized I love seeing him laugh whether it was me or someone else so I'm ok with it.
For those who don't know, Siri comes with the new iPhone 4s. You talk she listens and looks up your command on the Internet, gives you directions to a destination, brings up restaurant menus, will give you advice, even text for you. Here are some fun things we've done with her:
When Steve first got her he would say, "Siri, shamalama ding dong." She would think about it for a second then say, "I do not understand sham walla ding dong." We would roar laughing. We watched X-Men one night, and I was admiring Hugh Jackman's backside in his tight leather pants. Steve informed me that he was gay. I disagreed so we consulted Siri. She thought about this for a long time and finally decided it was an absurd thing to imply and didn't even bother with an answer. I'm taking that as she was on my side with that one.
Then one time he said a bad word to her just to see what she would do. Like testing the waters when you were little with your mom. She calmly said, "There is no need for profanity." I loved it! I decided I wanted to be more like Siri and not let things get under my skin. I want to be able to calmly say "There is no need for that." I felt bad for Siri and told Steve to tell her he loved her.
Steve- "Siri, I love you."
Siri- "All you need is love and your iPhone."
So true Siri, so true.
2 comments:
Hillarious!
Haha! That's awesome!
Post a Comment