I want to make clear I have friends who were involved in pageants and I know they do not embody this stereotype, I just laughed too hard not to share.
My sister-in-law Emily was able to go to the Miss Utah Pageant. She saw the swimsuit, evening gown and the interview portions. We will be discussing the interviews here today.
One of the contestants was asked about the quality of our school systems she said she felt like there were enough "extra curriculum activities." Did you catch that? Extra curriculuM it's should have been extra curriculaR. I know you think oh maybe she just pronounced it wrong- oh no she said it multiple times, super smart! I wonder what her school curriculum involved? What a shinning example of our school systems.
Another contestant was asked about global warming. Several times she mentioned it was something that needed to be done. WHAT?! I could not stop laughing! Another shining example of beauty and brains!
The last and most inquisitive answer was given by a girl asked about earthquakes in our area. She said we needed to teach "earthquake prevention." Again these words were said numerous times! Well wouldn't it be a fabulous world if we could just prevent the earthquake in the first place, while we're at it lets prevent tsunamis, tornadoes and hurricanes too!
Here's to world peace everyone!
Cheers!
4 comments:
Oh Mary.. yes although these are all quite funny and really we are all thinking where do they come up with this stuff.. well speaking from experience when you are up there and your nerves are at the maximum you honestly don't know what you are saying.. one of these days I will have to show you my Miss Riverton tape of my answer on stage you will just die of laughter but hey the judges must of liked it because I won :)
hehe, idiots. There parents must be so proud.
This made my day! I love it!!!
That's hilarious! Especially your tribute to world peace at the end. Why can't the contestants just say, "World peace" and end the interview.
Post a Comment