Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Surgery



Steve had his sinus surgery about 2 weeks ago. The surgery went well . The doctor said it was perfect and he couldn't have done it better. But we already knew all that cause he got a blessing before and it said things would go well. We were at the hospital ALL day! They told us to plan on 4 hours but it was more like 8 1/2! I can't complain too much I was able to read a lot.

Steve had a really hard time waking up, that was a little scary but as soon as he heard the word "cookies" he started to perk right up. It was a super long weekend for me. I tried to keep the kids outside so he could rest and then when they were inside I tried to keep them calm, ummm pretty impossible.

Steve said this surgery was a lot less painful than his first one, thank goodness, but now he has an infection. He has been on the highest dose of Amoxicillin you can get and he still manages to get an infection! What is that about?! So now he's on a strict regimen of irrigating and pill taking and all that fun stuff. Steve said when he went to the doctor yesterday it felt like he was scraping the back of his head through his nose, OUCH! So prayers are still welcomed, hopefully we'll have a nice break from sickies after this *fingers crossed*.


The cup in front of him was for oxygen. They had a tube in the bottom that was pumping oxygen. Obviously they couldn't put the little nose tube on him. His oxygen level kept dropping too and made the alarm go off every 5 minutes, that was a little scary too.

5 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

That does not sound like fun! Glad the surgery went well though (besides the infection afterwards).

andrea wardle said...

What a crazy time for you! Getting the kids to be quiet... I totally understand. Tell Steve to get better quick!

heidijogoody said...

No that does not sound like any fun! I hope the infection clears up soon.

Toby and Emily said...

That looks like a blast! Yeesh! Best of luck with that disaster!

Melanie said...

Glad to know that I am not the only who takes advantage of opportunities like this for photos! Your blog is cute and its fun to see you on here Ü